Saturday, January 26, 2013

Elimination Diet, Day 8

This morning, I weighed in at 111.6. This evening (after--TMI ALERT--having diarrhea), I weighed in 0.2 pounds less--111.4. This could be because I have virtually starved myself in ANTICIPATION today. (Okay, I didn't totally starve myself--I had spinach covered with a lentil/red pepper/walnut puree for breakfast today, two apples, and a bag of pineapple.) Since I was hungry and a little weak, I forwent the gym today. BUT TOMORROW, I SHALL IT IT WITH A FURY.....

See, today is when I got to reintroduce chicken into my diet. I love chicken. I can season it with salt and be okay. Tonight for dinner, I threw a little roasting chicken into a baking pan (it's actually homegrown--my dad slaughtered it himself!), then greased it up with olive oil and course sea salt. Then I added some chicken stock (I pre-made this a few weeks ago from another one of our little roasting chickens); threw in some green beans, red peppers, and spinach leaves; and covered it. I roasted it in the oven for about 1.5 hours at 350, and it.came.out.MARVELOUSLY.

I'm serious. I probably just ate about eight ounces of chicken in one sitting. I've not been this full for days, since I've been starving and counting down the days til I got to eat stuff I reallllly like.

I've also got bananas dehydrating in the oven in anticipation for tomorrow morning. :) Plus I get to add rice to my chicken tomorrow evening. 'Tis a glorious time in my life. (I can't even talk about a week and a half from now, where I'll presumably be able to eat butter and eggs too, because then I'm making the LARGEST vat of fried rice imaginable and ROLLING IN IT.)

Today has been a trial. I hate feeling weak, and I hate not having complex carbs. It makes it difficult for me to enjoy the gym, and I don't feel like I've been getting the protein I've needed. This all changed when I added chicken back, and will change even more since I CAN have rice tomorrow. It will be the perfect pre-workout meal, as far as I'm concerned. Tons of protein, some carbs, some fats, and bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment