Saturday, January 19, 2013

A little about me + goals/measurements


Although I've blogged before, I've been strictly anonymous and like to write about my rants and raves. I've been wanting to write more about my progress to getting back into shape, but my other blog is not the venue in which others may appreciate it. Therefore, I created this blog to foster a sense of accountability in my workouts, to track my achievements and failures, and also to possibly help others as they try to achieve their own goals.

I'm a lawyer by trade, although since I've graduated from law school and passed the bar, I've been woefully unemployed. I'm from the great state of Louisiana, where the general attitude is that people live to eat, rather than eat to live. I'm unashamedly of the former group, and will not lie--I lerrrrve food. I'm not in terrible shape, and I'm not overweight or anything more than average. But I'm tired of being average. I want to look great. I want to feel great. And I want to do so in such a manner than is SUSTAINABLE, not just something that happens once a year after I cut out ALL THE THINGS that I want to eat. 

I will admit that I've gained about five pounds since I graduated from law school, and I don't like it. I'm five foot two, and five pounds shows up. This was the main motivator to get back into the gym, but now I think I really need to kick it into high gear. I'll be posting some pictures of me in a swimsuit in the next few days so as to watch my progress, and my weight/measurements/goals are listed below.

Goals:

(1) Eliminate overly-processed foods from my diet 6 days out of the week. 
(2) Cook at home more often. 
(3) Lose about ten pounds.
(4) Eventually see lower ab definition.
(5) Identify food sensitivities and work to avoid them.
(6) Experiment with diverse foods.
(7) Get to less than 20% body fat. 


Body Part Measured
01/19/2013
Weight
118
Chest
33
Waist
25.25
Hips
37
Bicep (unflexed)
L: 10         R: 10
Bicep (flexed)
L: 10.75    R: 10.75
Calf
13
Thigh (top)
L: 21.5      R: 22
Thigh (above knee)
15
BMI
21.6

No comments:

Post a Comment