Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Elimination Diet, Day 3

On day 3 of the elimination diet, my morning weight was 114.4 and my evening weight (which I stupidly recorded AFTER DINNER) was 115.8. I honestly thought I was having a wee bit of a reaction to the sweet potatoes I had for dinner, because I had gas and felt bloated after eating them. However, I was shocked when I got on the scales today (day 4) and actually measured less than I anticipated.

As far as diet, I had more of the same: pineapples, cod, lentils, walnuts, and apples. I added some sweet potatoes, as I've mentioned previously, and which I do not plan on adding for the rest of the seven days. I also managed to drink eight glasses of water yesterday (which I never do!) largely due to the fact that the corners of my mouth have started to crack and look absolutely horrible. This condition also made me run to Walgreens for an antifungal (thankfully found the athlete's feet section before I had to resort to buying Monostat and smearing it on the corners of my mouth) and a B-complex vitamin. They're already starting to look better, thank the little baby lord Jesus.

Here are my stats from yesterday, a la Sparkpeople:


Yesterday was a pectoral and lower back workout, and I went light on the weights. I'm really looking forward to being able to add some more carbs back to my diet after these seven days, because I don't have nearly as much energy in the gym as I do when I can eat grains and a really hearty breakfast.

In other news, I encountered the scariest gym incident (or possibly incident ever) today, and I'll be writing about that tomorrow, with day 4 of the elimination diet update.

No comments:

Post a Comment