Sunday, February 10, 2013

Elimination Diet, Addition of Tuna and Potatoes (and how I'm managing a 5-day roadtrip)

Pardon my absence the past couple of days; I got lazy and didn't add anything new to my diet. ::sheepish face:: However, last night I was able to procure a DELICIOUS tuna steak, which I seared and relished half-raw. My weights for the past few days have looked like this:


It looks like I may have a food reaction to potatoes, although I did eat some of my boyfriend's mom's brown rice, and though she didn't use any oil in it or anything else, I'm wondering if it was a combination of the two. I also weighed in after I had an apple, so I might wait a little longer and reweigh myself to see if it looks like my weight is sticking. Regardless, I'm not in love with potatoes and think I can manage if it's out of my diet. The butter test was interesting, because I am apparently not sensitive to it--just the lactose in milk, it appears. (Butter allegedly doesn't have any lactose in it, or if it does, it's negligible..like...0.07% or something.) 

I'm not sure if I said this earlier, but I have THREE job interviews....all out of state, and all about eight hours from where I'm living at the moment. I had a moment of panic when I realized that my diet may be in jeopardy, but came to and decided that there was no way I was sacrificing my hard work for a couple of job interviews, so yesterday I made 15 different meals--5 bags of 1/2 cup rice (for fried eggs in the morning); 5 bags of 1/2 cup chicken and ~4 oz of chicken; 4 bags of 1/2 cup chicken and ~3 oz porkchop; 1 bag of steak and potatoes (just ate the steak). I also packed about 7 apples, 5 bags of grapes, 4 bags of pistachios, 5 bags of carrots (hopefully that food test will go okay), 3 oranges (that food test too...), and some shredded wheat to test for three days. All of this went into a cold bag, and so far, so good! :) 

In the meantime, I'm using my boyfriend's parent's house as a home base, and trying to get some studying done...which I have to admit isn't going that well. Tomorrow I'm going to spend an entire day driving (I've got a 10:00 a.m. job interview about 3 hours away, then a 3:30 job interview about 3 hours away from the first, then a 3.5 hour drive back to my boyfriend's parent's house). I do plan on listening to Contracts lectures I've recorded myself, although I really need to get some additional studying in somehow. Tomorrow is probably going to be a long night, and I've promised myself that on Tuesday, I'm going to kick some ass. 

As far as workouts go: I took Friday off (read: did yoga) and got some REALLY great studying done, then my workout plans fell through on Saturday. Since I was crunched for time (I had shopping to attend to with my family--got 150 bucks worth of new workout clothes), I youtubed and worked out to TWO separate Jillian Michael's videos that day. I'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but my forearms and back are feeling it today, lol. It was a nice 500 calories burnt for 55 minutes of exercise, though, and did me good (after all, it's always a good idea to mix things up). Today I went to the gym and got 30 minutes of cardio. 

So my question is...how do YOU manage to go on roadtrips and not break your diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment