Saturday, March 9, 2013

First 5K

Finished my first 5K today (well, first *real* 5K--I ran one years ago and didn't formally register and had bronchitis and undiagnosed asthma, so I'm counting this as my first real one). Yep--I FINISHED. :)

I also won the overall women's division, with a time of 28:02. (All the faster women runners were competing in the 10K, but I STILL WON.) According to my MotoActv, the race was actually 3.32 miles, which meant my average pace was 8:27 minutes/mile. As far as personal bests, I ran my first mile in 7:54 minutes. THAT'S FAST, y'all. Although I progressively got slower, I'm still really proud of myself and excited about the possibility in competing in more 5Ks. My slowest mile was only 9:06, and at 3.10 miles (an actual 5K), my time was 26:25 minutes.

Obviously, I'm extremely proud of myself, and excited about my capability to run now that I'm properly medicated with regards to my asthma.

I'm also excited about my award, which wasn't a medal, but was a stretched canvas poster of today's event. A big one. And it's allllll mine. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment